Xiaoma astounds people at this restaurant in Chinatown by speaking both perfect Mandarin and Cantonese.
In a moment that could have been truly terrifying, Atsuko Okatsuka somehow kept the crowd laughing.
— Read on digg.com/2019/earthquake-comedy-set-atsuko-okatsuka
Our words can lift others up, make folks feel good, protect them from hurtful feelings, and more.
Words can also cut and hurt.
They can destroy a relationship, hurt your family, ruin a kid’s self esteem, bring bad feelings or cause a crisis in your organization, get you fired, and even cause someone to hurt themselves.
In addition, the WAY we say something is important. Your tone and body language communicate as much or more than the words themselves.
If you say something hurtful or in a hurtful way, be sure to apologize and ask for forgiveness as quickly as possible. They may not forgive you right away; but, at least you took responsibility for your actions.
In our close personal relationships with a spouse, children, and family it’s even more important to repair our relationship after we have used words to hurt. Words can destroy trust and the desire to be close to each other.
We all make mistakes with our words. Remember the power that they have. Our words can live rent free in someone’s head forever.
When it comes to communicating on social media, you and your organization don’t need a complicated policy manual. Instead, a good rule is to just never say anything you wouldn’t want your mother to see or hear.
On the Internet, your words will last forever. Future relationships, spouses, employers, clients, will be able to see them – forever. Those words aren’t easily retracted or forgiven.
Be careful out there.
Are the other 12% just politically correct supporters or truly offended by saying Merry Christmas?
One of the best communicators EVER just went back on after a 30 year break. Listen to his bit on The Game of Chess and you’ll see a master at work.
It’s not just his words, which are written before the show. His timing, intonation, and facial expressions are a lesson in how powerful body language is.
The Cos is a master storyteller.
Press Play to Watch the Video Segment (Trailer):
You can see the whole show by ordering the DVD or downloading from iTunes for $9.99.*
*NOTE: Brown Ltd. & BrownieBytes.net have no commercial interest in this product or program.
We’ve come up with some policies and talking points to fix Obamacare and its website.
- You will be allowed to keep your pre-existing medical condition, as long as it’s terminal.
- Instead of using a non-citizen on the cover of the website, find a citizen that actually was able to sign up for Obamacare. Oops, still looking.
- Make Rush Limbaugh the new spokesperson for Obamacare.
- Launch a new email campaign and don’t allow anyone to opt-in.
- Send out a press release that tells everyone how great Obamacare is that only conservative media outlets are allowed to run. Really, it will work.
- Get the Nigerian spamers that send the “We Have $Millions to Send You” to run the Obamacare campaign. Oh, sorry, they are already are.
- Get Obama to declare there is a cure for mortality – all you have to do is signup for Obamacare.
- Set up an Obamacare kiosk at the St. Augustine Fountain of Youth. It worked so well for the guy that founded it, Ponce de Leon, who died in 1521.